Getting a manicure is a way to pamper yourself, look good to feel good. You can include it in your self-care routine. There are different types of manicure but today I am here to talk about the Russian manicure in full details. I am here with all the tea.
Russian manicure is when you use electronic nail file also known as an e-file on your nail bed to remove excess skin and cuticles. With this technique each nails gets a cuticle massage. Using the e-file helps with precision. This type of manicure stands out because of its attention to the cuticle.
The Russian manicure is one of the most suitable treatment to improve the appearance of your finger nails in a drastic way. There is little or no separation between your skin and your finger nails.
Is Russian Manicure Dangerous?
Russian manicure should only be done by a trained nail technician because it could be dangerous to your nail bed and leaves room for nail infection if done by an untrained person. It is also advisable to not do a Russian manicure by yourself.
There are not a lot of trained professional for a Russian manicure as it is thought only in Russia, maybe that is why it is called a Russian Manicure.
Why Will You Want to use an E-File?
- It is used to push back your cuticle and remove dead skin around your nail bed. This helps to elongate your nails.
- Getting rid of excess skin or dead skin helps your manicure look good and last long.
Benefits of a Russian Manicure
- It is clean and picture perfect.
- It is long lasting.
- It makes your natural nails stronger.
- It helps with nail growth.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Russian Manicure?
Because it originates from Europe it is way cheaper to get it done there than anywhere in the world. It cost about the equivalent of $20 to get it done in Europe. Russian manicures are expensive in the United states of America, they cost about $70 – $100.
How Long Does A Russian Manicure Last?
It lasts about three to four weeks just like the regular acrylic nails but it could last longer if it is properly taken care of and maintained.
Cuticle Health With Russian Manicure
Cuticle makes up your nails and are very important that is why I will never advise any one to push back their cuticles. Because cuticles the matrix (the part under your nails that produces cell that form the nail plate) from bacteria and nail infections. With Russian manicure your nails are perfectly trimmed and smooth around the edges making application seamless. The health and maintenance of your nails are equally as important as any part of your body.
With Russian manicure, you will achieve a much more flawless appearance.
Step By Step Guide On How To Do A Russian Manicure
- Clean your nails and the skin around it: First of all, it is ideal to wash your hand then proceed to clean your skin from the edges of your finger nails to remove any dead cell still present using a nail brush. You can finish off by sanitizing.
- It is time to treat your cuticles by using your e-file to remove excess skin around your finger nails and cuticles.
- Apply either a regular nail polish or a gel polish without leaving any space between the nails and the skin. You could also apply nail arts unto Russian manicures.
- Hydrate your cuticles using your cuticle oil.
Please note that this technique should not be done at home but it should be done by a trained nail technician.
Russian Manicure Vs Regular Manicure
Russian manicure and the regular manicure are so different and I will break it down for you.
- The cuticles: Russian manicure focuses only on the cuticle only whilst regular manicure focuses on every part of the nails.
- Techniques: The Russian manicure is achieved with an electric drill whilst a regular manicure can be done with a regular nail file and buffer.
- Objectives: The objectives of the two manicure types are different as the Russian manicure aims to achieve cleaner nails without cuticles while the regular manicure aims to boost the appearance of your finger nails in an ascetically pleasing way.
- The outlook: There is a big difference with the end result of the two manicure types.
To wrap it up, Russian manicure is one of the latest trends in the nail industry as we have seen it on the likes of Kendal Jenner so you might want to try it out. I hope this blog post has been able to answer your question on what is Russian manicure? Are you willing to try Russian manicure? Please let me know in the comment section.
Leave a Reply